Earliest Start Date
Link Request Info
Link Request Info
Full Time / Part Time / DL Online
Looking for a security studies Master’s in Global University?
Our MA Security Studies is open to students’ graduate universities.
The relevance of the course goes further than current affairs and academia into an ever-expanding security industry that offers a diverse range of different employment opportunities across both the private and public sector.
Studying on the Security Studies MA course will allow you to learn about and actively research security from the unique perspective that the city and its history provides, as well providing close proximity to a range of fantastic employability opportunities.
The Security Studies MA will provide you with knowledge and skills, for a range of professions including jobs within intelligence, defense, the civil service, local government, finance, and human rights organizations.
The Security Studies MA offers a unique and exciting taught postgraduate experience that includes:
- The programme has been designed to be flexible and benefit professional practitioners and students undertaking voluntary placement work.
- Contact with a staff team who are experts in their field and who are actively researching cutting edge issues relating to security.
- A unique pedagogical approaches that seek to encourage students to learn practically and theoretically.
- Unique modules such as “Contemporary Security” that give students a topical and internationally relevant understating of security in the contemporary era.
Professional Placement option
For our MA Security Studies degree, you will have the opportunity to take the Professional Placement version of the course, which is offered as an alternative to the standard version of the course.
This will allow you to complete a credit bearing, Professional Placement as an integral part of your Master’s Degree. The purpose of the Professional Placement is to improve your employability and transferable skills. The placement experience will allow you to evidence your professional skills, attitudes and behaviors at the point of entry to the postgraduate job market.
You will be responsible for finding and securing your own placement. The University, however, will draw on its extensive network of local, regional and national employers to support you in finding a suitable placement to complement your chosen area of study, with support from our Careers+ team as well as advice and guidance from your School.
Core values of the programme team
The Security Studies course team have a wealth of expertise and are committed to providing you with the knowledge and skills to develop a critical understanding of the contemporary world, current affairs and the geopolitical context.
The course team strive to provide the environment and support necessary to develop a broad and deep understanding of security as a discipline as well as the ‘real world’ ramifications of the concepts, ideas and theories studied.
The core values of the course team mean you will be actively engaged throughout and encouraged to be active partners in your own education, applying the skills and knowledge gained on the course to the contemporary world around you.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- You will critically explore the concept of security, asking what it is, who it is for and what it entails.
- You’ll experience research-led teaching and study alongside a team of academics with diverse expertise who are actively publishing in the field.
- Separate yourself within the job marketplace by demonstrating to potential employers your academic commitment, expertise and transferable skills, such as research training and practice.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment is by taught examinations, coursework, assignments, group assessment and presentations.
Course unit details
You will study a total of 180 credits during the course.
The university is open to all students who fulfill the following requirements:
- Copy and original of Secondary, University Certificates and Transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Application Letter
- CV and Experience Letter
- Admission fee $
- Passport sized photos
- Pass entry exams.
Conflict and criminal justice
Global security and diplomacy
International law and security
Internship master thesis exchange programme
Mandatory defense and security economics
peace and development advanced
Peace and development
War and crises
war and crises advanced