This programme is designed to offer learners specialized knowledge on planning, designing, implementing monitoring and evaluating projects. The programme deals with all aspects of a project from its inception to the closure and enables learners to carry engage in successful planning, development and delivery of projects in today’s modern economic, social and business environment.
This is a One year course which aims at equipping students with the newest participatory methods in needs assessment, prioritization, planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of community-based programmes. The following modules/units will be covered:
By the end of the programme, the learners will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge for proper management of development projects.
- Develop ability to plan and manage development projects.
- Apply analytical tools, principles and concepts of project identification, appraisal, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Attain skills to enhance problem solving and decision-making in a project environment
- Attain an academic qualification to enable students pursue further studies in a relevant field.
The university is open to all students who fulfill the following requirements:
- Copy and original of Secondary, University Certificates and Transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Application Letter
- Admission fee $
- Passport sized photos
- Pass entry exams.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment is by taught examinations, coursework, assignments, group assessment and presentations.
Diploma in Project Planning and Management
Duration: 4 Semesters
Course Units: 24
Fundamentals Of Project Management
Project Quality Management
Project Procurement And Management
Quantitative Methods I
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
Project Management Information Systems
Fundamentals Of Strategic Management
Quantitative Methods II
Risk Management In Project
Legal Issues In Project Management
Principles And Practices Of Management
NGO Management & Administration