Earliest Start Date
Link Request Info
Link Request Info
Campus / DL Online
Full Time / Part Time / DL Online
Prepare for a career in nutrition, a growing profession making an important contribution to the health and well being of individuals, communities and populations locally and globally. Students who undertake a Diploma in Nutrition Science will be able to gain credit for up to the first year of study and articulate into the second year of the Bachelor of Nutrition Science, and potentially other health science bachelor degrees at Global University, or exit with the Diploma in Nutrition Science as a standalone qualification.
Undertaking the Global University Diploma in Nutrition Science will help you to develop the academic skills and university experience needed to succeed in more advanced tertiary study.
- Gain an introduction to health science and solid foundation in human nutrition.
- Explore the relationship between nutritional intake, the maintenance of health and the development of disease.
- Create basic dietary plans for all life stages including fitness and weight loss.
- Learn about the influence of society and culture on our dietary intakes.
- Understand and apply evidence-based practice and critical enquiry.
The university is open to all students who fulfill the following requirements:
- Copy and original of Secondary, University Certificates and Transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Application Letter
- Admission fee $
- Passport sized photos
- Pass entry exams.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment is by taught examinations, coursework, assignments, group assessment and presentations.
Diploma in Nutrition
Duration: 4 Semesters
Course Units: 24
Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Introduction to Nutrition and Dietetics
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Food Safety and Hygiene
Food Production for Invalids and Convalescents
Meal Planning. Management and Service
Diet Therapy I
Principles of Human Nutrition
Maternal and Child Nutrition
Introduction to Microbiology
Introduction to Primary Health Care
Diet Therapy II
Food Microbiology and Parasitology
Communicable and Non – Communicable Diseases
Product Development, Marketing and Sales