Earliest Start Date
Link Request Info
Campus / DL Online
Full Time / Part Time / DL Online
Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication is a 1-year long course that involves the conduct of Advertising, Political Campaigning, Journalism processes with the use of radio, social media, television and so on.
Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication:
Every student’s dream is to attend a prestigious university with desired features. To do so, they must adequately prepare themselves. Some pointers have been included below for the benefit of the students:
- A strong academic background is required for admission to any college. Students must have graduated from a recognized institute or university.
- Make a list of your preferred colleges and stay in contact with the latest admission trends, dates etc.
- Check out some most preferred features of the like facilities, faculty, infrastructure, ranking, accreditations, placements etc.
Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication: What is it About?
The following is a brief overview of the Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication course to give students an idea of what the subject entails:
- The Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication is a one-year programme that teaches students how to conduct advertising, political campaigning, and journalism processes through the use of radio, social media, and television.
- Journalism is the activity of gathering, creating, evaluating, and presenting information in the form of news and articles. However, mass communication refers to the process of disseminating and exchanging information to large segments of the population via mass media.
- Students who have a keen interest and passion for writing are considered the most suitable students for such courses. This course helps the students to gain a piece of in-depth knowledge about the media and nuances of journalism.
- It is clear that in recent years, the media has become an integral part of the nation in all possible ways, including radio, television, and so on.
- The aspiring students must possess good communication skills, interpersonal skills and even creative skills which might help them in pursuing this particular course.
The following are some of the course’s benefits:
- This is an excellent course for students who want to learn about the media and the nuances of journalism, and it includes a variety of dimensions such as writing, public relations, writing, advertising, and so on.
- One can even go for higher studies in the same field to gain more knowledge and experience about the same.
At the successful completion of the course, Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication graduates are open to several worthy opportunities as far as their careers are concerned. Certain future prospects of this course are as follows:
- Candidates can start working in public or corporate sectors at various designated positions.
- Candidates can pursue BA Journalism and Mass Communication at bachelor’s level and MA Journalism and Mass Communication at master’s level.
- Candidates can also go for a doctorate degree, i.n, PhD Journalism and Mass Communication.
The university is open to all students who fulfill the following requirements:
- Copy and original of Secondary, University Certificates and Transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Application Letter
- Admission fee $
- Passport sized photos
- Pass entry exams.
Coursework and assessment
Assessment is by taught examinations, coursework, assignments, group assessment and presentations.
Diploma in journalism and mass media
Duration: 4 Semesters
Course Units: 22
Communication Concepts, History, Law and Ethics
Introduction to Journalism (Reporting, Writing and Editing)
Writing for Media
Radio and TV Journalism
Socio-Economic and Political
Basics of Design and Graphics
Media Laws and Ethics
State Politics and the Constitution
Public relations, Advertising and Media Management
Application of Computer in Media
Radio Journalism and Production
Basics of Camera, Lights, and Sound
Television Journalism, and Production
National and International Affairs
Emerging and Social Media
Media Organization and Management