Welcome To Global University
Earliest Start Date
Link Request Info
Link Request Info
Campus / DL Online
Full Time / Part Time / DL Online
diploma level degrees in development studies are generally one year in length, and provide a good foundation on the subject. They will often be a pathway to a master’s degree or research program in the field.
diploma will get your foot in the door with many development sector employers, but a master’s degree is more commonly a prerequisite. Since undergraduate courses aren’t especially common, employers prefer a more rigorous postgraduate degree.
The programme aims to produce skilled people who can apply basic to middle level skills in development.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To guide students through basic research methods in development studies in order to explore and understand the various development challenges faced by communities.
- To equip students with knowledge and skills that equips them to be agents of positive change in society.
- To expose students to various theories, topical issues and practical examples of transformative development processes so that they can inform social change processes in communities.
- Social workers
- Community development specialists
- Project Managers
- Policy Makers
- Develop skills which are responsive and relevant to the society’s needs and aspirations
- Develop conceptual skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in community development.
- To impact practical skills which can enable students to enter the job market with confidence
Diploma in development studies
Duration: 4 Semesters
Course Units: 22
Study and Communication Skills
Theories of Social and Political Change
Foundation of Development Studies I
Introduction to computers
Political Economy of Development
The Role of NGOs in Development
Rural and Agricultural Development
Family in Historical & Theoretical perspective
Foundation of Development Studies II
Technology and Development
Environment and Development in Developing Countries
Introduction to theatre for Development
Globalization, Environment and Sustainable Development
Introduction to Social Research
Democracy, Governance and Development
Human Resources Management and Development
Social Dimensions of Health
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Projects
Economic Policy Growth and Development